MusicWhen I was young (around 1980 ;-) I liked Eloy, a German Progressive Rock band, very much. I can recommend "Silent Cries and Mighty Echos" and "Time to Turn".
Beside that my favorites are in Dark/Gothic/Electro:
- Project Pitchfork
- Melodc Industrial-Electro from Germany. Highlights: "Entities" and "Daimonion".
- Theatre of Tragedy
- Gothic-Metal from Norway. Unfortunately, after two very good CDs ("Theatre of Tragedy", "Velvet Darkness They Fear") the quality went down.
- Opera-Metal from Finland. I can recommend all CDs.
- The Crüxshadows
- Dark Wave from USA, also Live very good. My favorite is "Wishfire"
- Dark Wave Rock from Germany. the CD "Weltunter" is genious.
- Mechanical Moth
- EBM/Dark Wave newcomer from Darmstadt (Germany) with melancholic woman's voice versus male rage.